Countdown Has Officially Begun!

Welcome to our Tiny Home Blog where we'll be sharing our Tiny Home experience and adventures along the way!
The countdown has begun for the the Tiny House! *excited squeal* We are hoping for the final delivery on Monday the 26th. Nick has taken out of his vacation time so he can help set up with the house, I need some man muscles and his height! Unfortunately I didn't manage to get work off but I do plan on busting my behind when I do get off.

We are both excited to work on something together and truly make it ours. We just went and saw the house yesterday, everything is coming together. We had to reconfigure our kitchen last minute with our builder and our own loft still needs a floor. But our builder promised he'd have it done by Monday.
We know we are going to stain the inside ceiling but unsure about the rest. I want the tiny home to be more of a cottage feel and with all the unfinished wood it seems to cabin feel. I want to paint but I also love how to pine looks. I know I'll make my decision fairly fast. I already picked out paint colors just in case I want to paint. 

By the way picking out paint colors...it sounds fun and easy. It's really not! It's a hard decision, everything has been a hard decision. Even picking out my towel colors! 
See I'm a fairly simple gal, I stick to my neutrals: White, Grays, Browns and maybe Black. But Nick is a whole other color animal, he likes Greens and Blues and we both hate each others color taste. If I had my way everything would be different shades of Gray and Nick hates gray. I did however get my way on a my gray chair. 

Everything has been slowly coming together. Our Tiny House was about two weeks behind, so when our appliances came a week ago, we thought our tiny home would be here. But we were wrong and had to store them in my parents shed until it arrived. It's like getting new toys you can't play with! 

*sigh* But never fear, I'll get to use them soon enough. Because we lived in an apartment we didn't have to buy our appliances before hand. But moving into a house, tiny or not, appliances don't always come with! We had to buy everything and my smart brain asked for a full size kitchen, totally forgetting about the appliance cost! 

We also ordered a chair and a half, also known as a double chair, which is smaller than a love seat but bigger than an arm chair. We both can fit in it easily and comfortably. That's one way to bring us closer together *wink wink*

The outside location, a.k.a the piece of land where the tiny home needs to be placed or as I like to call it, "The Homestead" still needs to be cleaned up a bit. We got the spot where the home will go all cleaned and ready to go. But Nick wants a fire pit area to invite friends and family. I have to say it's not a bad idea, especially in the spring, summer and early fall time the weather is usually nice. Entertaining in a small home comes with it's challenges but if we make a great outside space, we can entertain outside and inside the tiny home. 

Tiny home...I keep calling it a the "tiny home" or "tiny house" I think I need to name it something. I mean I keep calling the outside area "the homestead" so I should have name for the home itself. I will have to think of something.



Comments

Popular Posts